AMARGARH, village 3 km east of Goniana Mandi (SOMS`N, 74Ã‚Â°54`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, has an old shrine, Gurdwara Vidyasar Patshahi Satvin, dedicated to Guru Har Rai (1630-61) who, according to local tradition, visited the site during his stay at Bhokhari, since renamed Har Raipur. Amargarh was then called Jhablutti. The shrine was looked after by a line of Udasi priests until the early 20th century. The present building of the Gurdwara, constructed in 1912, comprises a divan hall with a verandah on three sides. The Gurdwara is managed by a committee of the local sangat.
AGAMPUR - A village, about two km from Anandpur Sahib. There are two Gurdwaras in this village: 1. Holgarh Gurdwara. It was here that Guru Gobind Singh built the Holgarh fort. The hill armies attacked the fort on August 31, 1700. In this battle Bhai Bagh Singh, son of Bhai Rai Singh (brother of Bhai Mani Singh), Bhai Gharbara Singh, son of Bhai Nanu Singh Dilwali etc. embraced martyrdom. 2. Gurdwara Mata Jit Kaur Ji has been built in the memory of Mata Jit Kaur Ji, the wife of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib, who was cremated here on December 6, 1700. During Guru period, most of the dead bodies of the residents of Chakk Nanaki and Anandpur Sahib were cremated here.