KALMOT (also called Khera Kalmot), village 18 km northwest of Anandpur (31Ã‚Â°14`N, ^G^l`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, was in 1700 the scene of a clash between the Sikhs and the local GujjarRarighars who challenged Guru Gobind Sihgh while out on a chase. The Sikhs defeated the Rarighars and occupied the fortress. The Rarighars tried to seize the fortress by night but were repulsed. The fortress is no longer in existence. The shrine established on the site on top of a hillock west of the village was reconstructed in 1975. The twostoreyed building of Gurdwara Patshahi Dasviri, as it is called, has on the ground level a mosaicfloored hall with a verandah in front. The Gurdwara is maintained by the local sangat. 1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twartkh. Gurdunridn. Amritsar, n.d. Gn.S.