- Category: Punjab
, village 10 km from Nabha (30Ã‚Â°22'N, 76Ã‚Â°9'E) in Patiala district, has a historical shrine called Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. In the course of a journey through this area, Guru Tegh Bahadur came and sat here under a pipal tree on the bank of a pond. The old pipal tree is not there now, but the pond, called Ram Talai and believed to possess medicinal properties for curing skin diseases, has since been lined and converted into a small sarovar, holy tank.Â
Construction of the Gurudwara was commenced in 1919 and completed on 1 Chet 1992 Bk/14 March 1935. The building comprises a square divan hall, which is an extension of the sanctum where the Guru Granth Sahib is installed. The Gurdwara is managed by a village committee. There is a lithographed copy of the Guru Granth Sahib preserved in the Gurdwara, printed in Nanak Shahi Sammat 424 (AD 1893). It has 2134 pages and the volume ends with the Ragamala with which composition copies of the holy Scripture as a rule conclude.
1. Fauja Singh, Guru Teg Bahadur, Yatra Asthan, Prampravan te Vad Chinn. Patiala, 1976