Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
KOTHA GURU, famous old village of the Punjab, announces its antiquity through the existence on its outskirts of a deserted ancient mound. This bulbous mountain of sand dominates the entire skyline of the village concealing within its folds many a layer of distant history. Once upon a time this sprawling old mound was the scat of the Mans, still called in those parts by their old name of "Manhas." The modern period of the village begins with the acquisition of the village site from the Mughal emperor Jaharigir by Baba Prithi Chand of the line of the Sodhis. The earlier name of Kothe Prithi Chand Kc was changed to Kotha Guru by Guru Gobind Singh. The story is also current about the Mughal official SulhI Khan who met with a painful death in a burning fire. He had allowed his horse to run loose over the halfburnt bricks of a kiln. The fact is attested by a line in the Guru Granth Sahib itself (GG, 825). In the time of Baba Prithi Ghand`s son Miharban, the place became a centre of learning and many weighty manuscripts emanated from here. Among them were the Costs of the Bhagats and BJiagat Barn Pammdrtha and Polhi Sac)i Khand which is aJanam Sakhi or life story of Guru Nanak. Miharban`s son and his younger brother wrote commentaries on the sacred texts. Sodhi Abhay Singh who lived in Kotha Guru wrote his monumental Harjas Granth. Sodhi Faujdar Singh was another charismatic character. He had been allowed by the Maharaja of Patiala to keep with him as a special privilege a body of 100 horsemen. In the Singh Sabha days, Pandit Indar Singh of Kotha Guru became famous for his learned commentary on an old Sanskrit text "Aushnash Simrti."
1. Kuir Singh, Gurbilas Patshahi 10. Paliala, 1968
2. Sukha Singh, Bhai, Gurbilas Dasvin patshahi . Lahore, 1912
3. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri, Cur Pralfip SUKIJ Graiilli. Amritsar, 1927-33
4. Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi, Kankhal, 197`5
5. Gian Singli, Giam, TrmriM Guru K/irilsa. Paliala, 1970
6. Bhangu, Ratan Singh, Prncliin Panlli Pmkiish. Amritsar, 1914