Paste a VALID AdSense code in Ads Elite Plugin options before activating it.
LANGAR CHHANNI, a village in Ambala district of Haryana, about 13 km southeast of Ambala cantonment (30Â°21`N, 76"50`E), is sacred to Guru Tcgh Bahadur. According to local tradition, the Guru halted in this village while travelling from Haridvar to Lakhnaur Sahib along witli the members of his family. Larigar Chhanm at that time was inhabited by Rarighar Muslims, and, at the place where the Gurdwara Sri Guru Tcgh Bahadur Sahib stands now, there was a lakidh or seat of Muslim faqirs. Even long after the Guru`s visit the place continued to be called a takidh. During the period following the fall of Sirhind in 1764, this territory around Kcsari and Shahzadpur was seized by Sardar Karam Singh of the Shahid misl. Later, a Sikh family, Chahals of village Balana, 7 km southwest of Ambala city, came and settled in Larigar Chhanni. The memory of the Guru`s visit to the place was still alive. The old takidh in the course of time gave place to a derd where sadhus of Udasi and Nirmala sects resided. The Gurdwara was established during the Gurdwara Reform movement in the 1920`s. The present building was raised in 1938. It consists of a single flatroofed rectangular room, witli a vcrandah and a small brickpaved open space in front. An old mm tree which stands near by is believed to have existed since the time of Guru Tcgh Bahadur`s visit. The Gurdwara is managed by a committee of the local sangaf.