Print this page

RANI MAJRA, a village in Patiala district, 16 km northeast of Ambala city (30°23`N, 76° 47`E), claims a historical shrine dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh who, according to local tradition, came here as a child from Lakhnaur. A simple platform, constructed where the Guru had halted about 200 metres north of the village, was replaced in 1958 by the present Gurdwara. An old well near by still exists. The complex includes a hall with a square sanctum in the middle of it, and rooms for the firanthr^nd the Guru ka Langar. The Gurdwara has 11 acres of land donated to it and is managed by a village committee.

References :

1. Narotam, Tara Singh, .Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Girirn, Twarikh Gurduarian. Arnritsar, n.d.

888

6 comments

Joomla SEF URLs by Artio