Baba Kalian Chand was married to Tripta, daughter of Rama of Chahal, a village near Lahore. A daughter, Nanaki, and a son, (Guru) Nanak, were born to the couple the former in 1464 and the latter in 1469. Baba Kalian Chand died in 1522 at Kartarpur, founded by Guru Nanak on the right bank of the River Ravi.
1. Sanlokh Sirigh, Bhai, Sn Cur Praia? Suraj Grrint/i. Amritsar, 1927-33
2. Vn- Sirigh, Bhai, ed., Purdtan fanniii. Sdklu. Anii-iisar, 1971
3. Kohli, Surindar Sirigh, cd., Jannmsdklu Bhm Bald. Chandigarh, 1975
4. McLt-od, W.I I., Enrly Sikh Tradition. Oxfoid, 1980
5. Harhans Singli, Guru Nanak and Ongins of the Sikh Faith. Bombay, 1969
6. Macaiiliffe, Max Arllinr, The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909