There is an old well here which, according to an inscription, was dug in 1823 "in memory of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Nawab Fateh Singh Ahluwalia." According to another slab (inscribed only in 1968), Guru Gobind Singh came here with 2200 horsemen on 4 Baisakh 1742 Bk/ 1 April 1685 to help Raja Medini Prakash of Nahan. According to Gurushabad Ratanakar Mahan Kosh and Twarikh Guru Khalsa, however, Guru Gobind Singh halted here on his way back from Paonta to Anandpur in 1688.
1. Narotam, Tara Singh, SriGuru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d
3. Thakar Singh, Giani, SriGurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
4. Kuir Singh, Gurbilas Patshahl 10, ed., Shamsher Singh Ashok. Patiala, 1968