The Sikhs occupied Sirhind on 14 May 1710. No memorial, however, existed to commemorate the historic event till the 1950`s when the two villages jointly established a Gurdwara. In the 1970`s was added a new hall in which the Guru Granth Sahib is now seated. The old building is being used for a primary school. Another small room constructed recently is meant for Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Library. The Gurdwara is managed by a committee representing the two villages.
1. Ganda Singh, Life of Banda Singh Bahadur. Amritsar, 1935
2. Harbans Singh, The Heritage of the Sikhs. Delhi, 1983