, a small village in Kurukshetra district of Haryana, 13 km east of Thanesar (29Â°58`N, 76Â°50`E) is sacred to the memory of Guru Tegh Bahadur who stayed here for a night while on his way from Kurukshetra to Duddhi and Bani Badarpur. A low platform was erected on the site where the Guru had encamped outside the village. It was replaced by a modern .Gurdwara constructed in 1959-60 by Sikhs of the surrounding villages, there being few Sikh families in Muniarpur itself.
Located inside a walled compound, the Gurdwara has a small divan hall with a sanctum on which the Guru Granth Sahib is seated in a glasspanelled palaki. The shrine is managed by a local committee. Devotees from the neighboring villages gather on amavasya, the last day of the dark half of the month, when kirtan and community meals take place.
1. Fauja Singh, Guru Teg Bahadur. Yatra Asthan, Parnmparavan te Yad Chink. Patiala, 1976