The Mughal force was completely unnerved at the suddenness of the Sikhs` movement and beat a hasty retreat without giving battle. The Khan fled deserting the field. Dilawar Khan fell into a rage on hearing of the disaster. He made attempts to retrieve the lost position by sending, first, his slave general Husain Khan and, then Jujhar Singh Hada, a Rajput, against Guru Gobind Singh, but without success.
1. Sainapati, Kavi, Sn Gur Sobha. Patiala, 1967
2. Kuir Singh, Gurbilas Patshahi 10. Patiala, 1968
3. Gian Singh, Giani, TwankA Guru Khalsa. Patiala, 1970
4. Macauliffe, M.A., The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909
5. Harbans Singh, Guru Gobind Singh. Chandigarh, 1966