DAULOVAL.4 km north of Kiratpur (31Â° ll`N, 76Â° 35`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Har Rai (1630-61), who used to encamp here during his visits in summer. According to local tradition, it was here that the Guru received the royal summons to see the emperor
DHAKA (23 43N, 90 24` E), an old city now capital of Bangladesh, situated on the north bank of Burhi Ganga river, has shrines sacred to Guru Nanak and Guru Tegh Bahadur. Three such gurdwaras commemorating the visits of the Gurus to the city existed until the partition of the
DHALEO, locally called Dhalevari, village 6 km southeast of Bhikhi (30Â° 3`N, 75Â° 33`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur who arrived here travelling from Bhikhi during his sojourn in the Malva region. It is said that as Guru Tegh Bahadur was riding towards
DHAND, village 15 km southwest of Amritsar (31Â° 38`N, 74Â° 52`E) along the ChhehartaJhabal road, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who once came here to fulfil the wish of an old Sikh, Bhai Langaha. Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin commemorating the visit stands on the southern outs kirts of the village.
DIPALPUR (30Â° 40`N, 73Â° 32`E), tahsil (subdivision) town of Montgomery (or Sahiwal) district of Pakistan, was, according to Miharban Janam Sakhi, visited by Guru Nanak (1469-1539) on his way back from Pakpattan to Talvandi. According to local tradition, the Guru sat under a dead pipal tree on the southeastern outskirts
DIRHBA, an old town 30 km southeast of Sangrur (30Â° 14`N, 75Â°50`E) in the Punjab, has a historical shrine commemorating the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur during the third quarter of the seventeenth century. It is known as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi IX and is situated on the bank of a
DUDDHI, a village 7 km to the southwest of Ladva (29Â° 59`N, 77Â° 3`E) in Kurukshetra district of Haryana, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Diorhi Sahib, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. As he was travelling in those parts, the Guru was invited by the inhabitants to visit their village. By
DULEY, village in Ludhiana district, 17 km southwest from the city (30Â° 54`N, 75Â° 52`E), claims a historical shrine called Gurdwara Phalahi Sahib Patshahi 10. Guru Gobind Singh halted here awhile under a phalahi tree, while travelling from Alamgir toJodhari at the close of 1705. An imposing new gurdwara building,
New membership are not allowed.