MANGA, 40 km southwest of Lahore along the Lahore Multan highway, had a historic gurudwara, Chota Nankana, commemorating Guru Nanak`svisit. Guru Hargobind, Nanak VI, also halted here on hisway back from Kashmir in 1620. Served by Nirmala priests for generations, the shrine came under the management of the Shiromam Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee during the Gurdwara Reform movement, 1920-25. It had to be abandoned at the time of the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Curdudridn. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi [Reprint]. Kankhal, 1975
3. Khan Mohammad Walinllah Khan, Sikh Shrines in West Pakistan. Karachi, 1962