A memorial to him in the form of a tower was later raised within the premises of the Gurdwara. Before it was abandoned in 1947, the Gurdwara was managed by Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, Amritsar. Religious fairs to celebrate Basant Panchami (in February) and Diwali (in November) used to attract devotees in large numbers. During the Sikh rule, Wazirabad was the headquarters of a district administered for a time by General Avitabile, a French officer in the service of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
1. Natoram Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d
4. Khan Mohammad Waliullah Khan, Sikh Shrines in West Pakistan. Karachi, 1962
5. Sahi.Joginder Singh, Sikh Shrines in India and Abroad. Faridabad, 1978