MAGAR SAHIB, GURDWARA, named after an old village, Magar, in Patiala district, is dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur who, according to local tradition, stayed here awhile near what used to be a small pond. A small shrine established here was later developed into a one-room gurdwara. It collapsed in what
UGANI, a small village 10 km from Rajpura (30Â°28`N, 76Â°37`E), in Patiala district, has its twin shrines dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh. Both are located in the same building, constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845). The Gurdwara comprises three small rooms in a row.
MIRZAPUR (25Â°10`N, 82Â°35`E), in Uttar Pradesh on the right bank of the River Gariga was visited by Guru Nanak, in the course of his travels across the country. When Guru Tegh Bahadur passed through the town in 1666 on his way from Allahabad to Varanasi, he met here a
MUNIARPUR, a small village in Kurukshetra district of Haryana, 13 km east of Thanesar (29Â°58`N, 76Â°50`E) is sacred to the memory of Guru Tegh Bahadur who stayed here for a night while on his way from Kurukshetra to Duddhi and Bani Badarpur. A low platform was erected on the
MATHURA (27Â°28`N, 77Â°40`E), an ancient city on the right bank of the River Yamuna, 150 km south south-east of Delhi, possesses three Sikh shrines commemorating the visits of Guru Nanak and Guru Tegh Bahadur. GURDWARA GAU GHAT is a small shrine on the riverbank controlled by the Udasis. The
NARLI, village barely one kilometre from the Indo Pakistan border in Amritsar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Manji Sahib which commemorates one of the manjis or preaching centres established by Guru Amar Das (1479-1574), The first preacher appointed here by the Guru was Bhai Mai
BILASPUR, a small town 16 km from Jagadhri (30Â°10`N, 77Â°18`E) in Ambala district of Haryana, is close to Kapal Mochan, a well known place of Hindu pilgrimage. Guru Gobind Singh is said to have sojourned at Kapal Mochan for 52 days in 1688. During this period, he made a
PAKKHOKE RANDHAVE, a village in the east of Dera Baba Nanak (32Â° 2`N, 75Â° 2`E) in Gurdaspur district of the Punjab, is the place where Guru Nanak`s wife and children stayed with his fatherinlaw during the Guru`s absence on udasis or preaching journeys. The village has a historical shrine
BILGA, village 14 km west of Phillaur(31Â°1`N, 75Â°47`E) in the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Arjan, who passed through it in June 1589 on his way to Mau where he got married. According to local tradition, Bilga was then a small settlement of only a few huts. The Guru changed
PINJAUR, famous for its historic Mughal gardens, is a small town, IS km northeast of Chandigarh (30"44`N, 76Â°47`E). Gurdwara Pahili Patshahi Mariji Sahib, close to the ancient remains of Dhara Mandap, about 75 metres from the Yadavindra Gardens, commemorates the visit of Guru Nanak who arrived here from Kalka
CHAKK FATEH SINGHVALA. 3 km south of Bhuchcho Mandi (30Â° 13`N, 75Â° 5`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, and one of the cluster of villages known as Bhai ke Chakk because of the association of the family of Bhai Bhagatu with them, was visited by Guru Gobind Singh,
New membership are not allowed.