AGAUL, village 10 km from Nabha (30Â°22\'N, 76Â°9\'E) in Patiala district, has a historical shrine called Gurudwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. In the course of a journey through this area, Guru Tegh Bahadur came and sat here under a pipal tree on the bank of a pond. The
AKAR, a village in the interior of Patiala district, possesses a historical shrine called Gurdwara Nim Sahib. The Gurdwara commemorates the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur who, during one of his journeys through the Malva territory, put up here near a mm (margosa) tree, which still exists. The leaves
ALAMGIR, a village in Ludhiana district, 13 km to the southwest of the city (30Â°54\'N, 75Â°52\'E), is famed for its Gurdwara Manji Sahib Patshahi 10. Guru Gobind Singh made a halt in the village as he was travelling after the battle of Chamkaur in December 1705. Here the Guru
ALO HARAKH, village in Sangrur district, has a historical shrine called Gurdwara Sahib Alo Harakh Patshahi Naumi. A low domed Manji Sahib, under an old banyan tree marks the site where Guru Tegh Bahadur once sat arriving from the neighbouring village of Gunike. The congregation hall has a vaulting
AMRITSAR (31Â°38\'N, 74Â°53\'E), principal holy city of the Sikhs, is the headquarters of a district (Amritsar) in the Punjab. The foundation of the town was laid in 1577 by Guru Ram Das (1534-81) when he inauguarted the digging of the holy tank Amritsar (amrit = nectar, sar = pool)
New membership are not allowed.