SEHRA SAHIB, GURDWARA
SEHRA SAHIB, GURDWARA, on top of a hillock near Basi or Basantgarh village, one kilometre south of Guru ka Lahore in Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh, is dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh, who halted here for a short time on his way to Guru ka Lahore for his marriage in 1677. According to tradition the Guru donned his sehra or a bridegroom`s floral headband here. The Gurdwara, a square domed room with a circumambulatory verandah, was constructed by Sant Seva Singh of Anandpur Sahib in 1962. It is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sn Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975
2. Gian Singh, Giani, Twaiikh Gurduanan. Amritsar, n.d