URI, an old town 54 km southwest of Baramula (S^ia`N, 74<)23`E) at the western end of the Kashmir valley, was visited by Guru Hargobind (1595-1644) on his way from Baramula to Naluchhi (now in Pakistan occupied territory). Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin Param Pillan commemorating the visit is situated 6 km east of Un and marks the site where, according to local tradition, the Guru held a discourse with some Muslim holy men.
A small Gurdwara built by Sardar Hari Singh Nalva, the celebrated general of Sikh times, was reconstructed in 1983. The present building is a rectangular hall, with die sanctum at the far end. The Gurdwara is managed by the Jammu and Kashmir Gurdwara Board through its district committee at Baramula.