RAMPURA KALAN, a village in Lahore district of Pakistan hardly 1.5 km from the Indo Pakistan border, had a historical Gurdwara commemorating the visit of Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who once halted here during one of his journeys between Amritsar and Lahore. The shrine which had been looked after by a line of Udasi priests came under the control of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee during the Gurdwara Reform movement of the 1920`s, but had to be abandoned at the time of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
1. Khan Mohammad Waliullah Khan, Sikh Shrines in West Pakistan. Karachi, 1962