BHADAUR, a small town 25 km northwest of Barnala (30Â°22`N, 75Â°32`E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, is sacred to. Guru Gobind Singh, who came here from Dina in December 1705 following the chase. The area was then an uninhabited jungle land, and it was only after the village ofBhadaur was founded by Baba Ala Singh, eighteenth century Sikh warrior and noble, that a shrine commemorating the Guru`s visit was established here.
Local tradition had also preserved the memory of Guru Hargobind having passed through this place so that the shrine was designated as Gurdwara Sahib Patshahi Chhemi Ate Dasmi (Andruni Qila), i.e. the holy gurdwara dedicated to the Sixth and the Tenth Gurus, located inside the fort. Only a few traces remain of the fort and there are now two different historical shrines in the town. GURDWARA SAHIB ANDRUNI PATSHAHI 10 marking the site of the original shrine inside the town is a small building, the sanctum with a hall in front.A sword and a dagger, believed to have come down from Guru Gobind Singh, are kept here as sacred relics.
The hilt of the sword has the Gurmukhi inscription: Sri Akal Sahai Patshahi 10. Its blade too has some numerals and legends inscribed on one side and a round seal in Persian on the other. GURDWARA SAHIB BAIRUNI PATSHAHI 6, half a kilometre west of the town, was known as Samadh Bhai Charan Das, until it was acquired by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee during the 1970`s and converted into a gurdwara dedicated to the Sixth Guru. The Guru Granth Sahib is now seated in the old samadh in the centre of what was once a haveli or a highwalled house entered through a high gateway which is still intact. An annual religious fair is held here on the occasion of Baisakhi.
1. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Tara Singh, 5ri Cur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
4. Grewal, J.S., and S.S. Bal, Guru Gobind Singh. Chandigarh, 1967
5. Harbans Singh, Guru Gobind Singh. Chandigarh, 1966