DOD. village 13 km northeast of Jaito (30Â° 26`N, 74Â° 53`E) in Faridkof district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh. who visited here during his journey westward from Dina in December 1705. According to local tradition, Guru Hargobind had also been here during his travels through the Malva country. Gurdwara Dhaulsar Patshahi Chehmi te Dasmi on the northwestern outskirts of the village is dedicated to Guru Hargobind and Guru Gobind Singh. It comprises a flatroofed hall with a verandah on three sides.
Another shrine, Gurdwara Har Sar Patshahi X, commemorating Guru Gobind Singh`s visit, is inside the village, and comprises a highceilinged hall, with a square sanctum at the far end and a lotus dome overtopping the fourstoreyed building. Both these Gurdwaras are administered by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. A largelyattended religious fair is held on 17,18 and 19 Phagun (earlyMarch) every year.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Srf Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923