PHARALA, village 11 km northeast of Phagwara (31Â°14`N, 75Â°46`E),`but falling in Jalandhar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Har Rai (1630-1661), who halted here briefly during his journey from Kartarpur to Kiratpur. Gurdwara Guru Har Rai Sahib, in the northeastern part of the village, is an old building comprising a square sanctum with a covered passage around it and a domed room above it. A quadrangular liall was added to the complex in the 1940`s. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Ttrath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975