RAJO MAJRARAJO MAJRA, a village 6 km west of Dhuri (30Â° 22`N, 75Â° 53`E) in Sarigrur district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine. Gurdwara Nauviri Patshahi, commemorating the visit of Guru Tegh Bahadur, situated about 200 metres east of the village, comprises a Mariji Sahib constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh (1798-1845) of Patiala. with a hall later raised by Sant Afar Singh (1866-1927) ofMasluana. The old well sunk during the time of the Maharaja is still in use.
A sarovarwd a new hall, with a square sanctum in the middle, have been added recently. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee but, for the present, the control has been passed on the followers of the late Sant Gurmukh Singh for further development of the complex.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975