RAQBA, village 18 km east of Jagraon (30Â° 47`N, 75Â° 28`E) in Ludhiana district, has a historical shrine in memory of Guru Hargobind, who travelled in these parts in 1632-33. The shrine is called Damdama Sahib Patshahi VI, and is located in a walled shady grove half a kilometre north of the village. As tradition has it, an old woman from the neighbouring village of Dakha came to Guru Hargobind, as he was in camp here, with an offering of coarse bread made of mixed flour of wheat and gram. The Guru, impressed with the devotion of the simple lady, ate it with relish.
The present building of the Gurdwara, a domed sanctum and a ractangular hall, was constructed in 1936 by Sant Ajaib Singh of Boparai. A sarovar was dug in 1972, and the Guru ka Larigar and a residential block were added in 1977. The Gurdwara is managed by Niharig Sikhs of the Buddha Dal. Devotees from the surrounding villages gather in large numbers for the monthly divan and community meal on the first of every Bikrami month.