CHAPPAR CHIRI (30Â° 45`N, 76Â° 40`E), Ban and Chhoti (senior and junior), are twin villages in Ropar district, along KhararBanur road, now officially named Banda Singh Bahadur road. This area was the scene of a historic battle. Gurdwara Baba Banda Bahadur is situated between the two villages by the
JAWAHAR SINGH (1814-1845), son of Manna Singh Aulakh, was wazir or prime minister of the Sikh kingdom for a few months from 14 May 1845 to 21 September 1845 during the regency of his sister, Maharani Jind Kaur. He was appointed guardian to his young nephew, Dulcep Singh, who
MAKKHAN SINGH, BHAI (d. 1863) was a granthi or officiant of the Darbar Sahib at Amritsar. When the British entered Lahore after the first Anglo-Sikh war in 1846, some of them, while visiting the holy shrine, would desecrate the precincts by entering with shoes on and otherwise annoy the
SAMARTH RAMDAS (1608-1681), Maharashtrian saint remembered as the religious preceptor of the Maratha hero Chhatrapati Shivaji (1627-80), was born, in 1608, the son of Suryaji Pant and Ranubai, a Brahman couple of the village of Jamb, near Aurangabad, in Maharashtra. His original name was Narayana. His father died when
SAMPAT PATH is a variation of akhand path in which the reading of every single complete hymn of the Guru Granth Sahib is followed by the reading of a predetermined sabda or sJoka ( from the Guru Granth. Sahib itself) which is thus repeated throughout the recitation. The path
New membership are not allowed.