BAKHT MALL and Tara Chand, masands or accredited Sikh preachers in Kabul, once ledr the sangat of their area to the Punjab to wait on Guru Hargobind (1595-1644). Among the offerings they brought were two pedigree horses of excelling beauty, named Gulbagh and Dilbagh. As they were passing through Lahore,
BUR MAJRA, a small village about 8 km east of Chamkaur Sahib (30Â°53`N, 76Â°25`E) in Ropar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Patshahi 10 located near an old well. It is said that Guru Gobind Singh, while proceeding to Chamkaur on 6 December 1705 after evacuating Anandpur
CHARYARI SOWARS was the name given to an irregular cavalry regiment in Sikh times. It owed its origin to four friends, or Char (four) Your (friends), who were seen together all the time. Their names were: Bhup Singh Siddhu.Jit Singh, Ram Singh Saddozai and Hardas Singh Bania. They were all
GUPALA, BHAI, a learned Sikh of the time of Guru Arjan who distinguished himself also as a warrior under his successor, Guru Hargobind. Once, as Guru Hargobind was encamped at Ruhela, renamed Sri Hargobindpura, a Sikh, Sabhaga by name, presented him with five handsome horses. The Guru immediately distributed
MATAB SINGH or Mahtab Singh (d. 1745). eighteenth century Sikh warrior and martyr, was born the son of Hara Singh, aJatt Sikh of Bharigu clan of the village of Mirarikot, 8 km north of Amritsar. He grew up amidst the most ruthless persecution Sikhs suffered under the later Mughals, and
TARA CHAND, BHAJ, was a masand or a batch leader of the Sikhs in Kabul. He once led a sarigat of those parts to the presence of Guru Hargobind. Travelling through Lahore, Amritsar and Khadur, they reached Kangar, now in Bathinda district of the Punjab, where the Guru then
New membership are not allowed.