GURU MANGAT, a village close to Lahore Cantonment, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (15951644), who visited it during his stay at Muzarig. Gurdwara Patshahi VI, a domed building with a gilded pinnacle about 400 metres southwest of the village, stood on the site where the Guru had sojourned. The shrine came under the control of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1927. While digging a sarovar (bathing tank) on the back of the new building, an old bdodor open well with steps descending to water level was discovered and renovated. The shrine was abandoned in the wake of mass migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab in 1947.