KATANI KALAN, a village about 25 km from Ludhiana (30Â°54`N, 75052`E). is famous for the historical shrine Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin Ate Dasvin, commonly known as Katana Sahib. Katani is believed to have been visited by Guru Hargobind during his journey through the Malva country in 163134. Guru Gobind Singh passed through this village on his way from Machhivara to DinaKangar in December 1705. A gurudwara was established to commemorate the Guru`s visit. The name of the Sixth Guru was associated with it only during the twentieth century, the Manji Sahib dedicated to Guru Hargobind having been constructed in 1933. The present building complex covers about two acres of land including some plots under cultivation. The central hall contains two domed sanctums. The one towards the canal end is dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh and it is this one which is now particularly referred to as Degsar, in the belief that Guru Gobind Singh had his first meal after Machhivara here ((^signifying sacred food). It is an open pavilion with a marble floor. The other sanctum, dedicated to Guru Hargobind, is a square room. The Gurdwara is administered by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. 1. Gian Sirigli, Giani, Triian_kh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Tara Singh, Sn Guru Tiralli Sangrnhi. Kankhal, 1975