MANSA DEVI, MATAMANSA DEVI, MATA (d. 1569), wife of Guru Amar Das (1479-1574), was the daughter of Bhai Dev Chand, a Bahil Khatri of Sankhaira, a small town in Sialkot district (now in Pakistan). Her marriage to (Guru) Amar Das took place on 11 Magh 1559 Bk/ 8 January 1503, but the couple remained childless until a girl, Dam, was born to them in 1530 followed by three more children, Bhani(1535), Mohan (1536) and Mohri (1539). Mata Mansa Devi died at Goindval in 1569.
1. Bhalla, Sarup Das, Mahimd Prakash. Patiala, 1971
2. Jaggi, Rattan Singh, ed., Bansavafinama. Chandigarh, 1972
3. Santokh Singh, Bhai, Sri Cur Pratap Suraj Granth. Amritsar, 1927-35
4. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Guru Khalsa [Reprint]. Patiala, 1970
5. Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909