JAI RAMJAI RAM (d. 1518), brother in law of Guru Nanak, was a trusted official at the court of Nawab Daulat Khan Lodhl at Sultanpur, in presentday Kapurthala district of the Punjab. He was married to Nanaki, daughter of Kalian Chand and sister of Guru Nanak, in 1475 at Talvandi Rai Bhoi. Guru Nanak stayed with them for several years at Sultanpur, where Jai Ram had secured for him appointment as the Nawab`s modi or storekeeper. Jai Ram, though much senior to Guru Nanak in age, respected the latter for his piety and considered himself blessed for being related to him. Guru Nanak was present at Sultanpur Lodhi in 1518 when Jai Ram died just three days after the death of his wife, Nanakl. The couple had been childless.
1. Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion. Oxford, 1909
2. Harbans Singh, Guru Nanak and Origins of the. Sikh Failfi. Bombay, 1968
3. McLeod, W.1L, 1.1-., The B40 Jnnnm-Snkhi. Amrilsar, 1980
4. Koiili, Surindar Singh, ed., jnmiiii Sdkhl B/idi Bald. Chindigai-h, 1975
5. Vir Singh, Bhai, ed., PurdlanJanam Sdkli`i. Ainrilsar, 1982