GURUSAR SATLANI, GURDWARA
GURUSAR SATLANI, GURDWARA, 1.5 km south of the railway station named after it, is within the revenue limits of Hoshiarnagar village in Amritsar district of the Punjab. The shrine marks the spot where Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), travelling from Lahore to Amritsar, made a night`s halt near a pond. According to local tradition, Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708) himself appointed one of his Sikhs, Bulaka Singh, as the custodian of this shrine. The shrine was richly endowed by Sikh rulers and chiefs during the first half of the nineteenth century.
The management of the Gurdwara along with its vast farmlands passed to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1925. In 1974, it was entrusted for renovation and reconstruction to Sant Marigal Singh. The main hall is on the ground floor of the six storeyed building. The water of the old pond, since properly lined and used as sarovar, is believed to have medicinal properties for curing skin diseases. A largely attended annual fair is held to coincide with the full moon day of Bhadori (August September) .
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sn Gurdudre Darshan. Amritsar, 1923