NADA SAHIB, Gurdwara Patshahi Dasvin, situated at the end of a narrow spur of soft sandy rocks of the Sivalik foothills, on the left bank of the river Ghaggar, about 10 km east of Chandigarh (30Â°44`N, 76Â°46`E), commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh, who halted here while travelling from
NADAUN, BATTLE OF, fought on 20 March 1691 between an imperial expeditionary force aided by Raja Kirpal Chand of Kangra and Raja Dyal of Bijharval in the Sivalik hills on the one hand and several other neighbouring chieftains who enjoyed the support of Guru Gobind Singh on the other. The
NAGAHIA, BHAI(d. 1709), was, according to Bhatt Vahi sources, the eldest of the seven sons of Lakkhi Rai and a grandson of Godhu Barhtia Kanavat of the Jado (Yadav) clan. Nagahia helped his father Lakkhi Rai remove the headless trunk of Guru Tegh Bahadur from the site of execution and
NAGRAULI (LANGROLI in Bhai Kahn Singh, Gurushabad Ratndkar Mahan Kosh), a village 20 km from Una along the Una Parijavar road in Himachal Pradesh, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who came here following the chase from Saluri in 1691. A shrine called Gurdwara Damdama Patshahi Dasvin on a small
NAHAN (30° 33`N, 77° 17`E), situated on top of a ridge in the upper reaches of Markanda River, in Sirmur district of Himachal Pradesh, and formerly the capital of the princely state of Sirmur, has a historical gurdwara dedicated to Guru Gobind Singh.Guru Gobind Singh visited Nahan in 1685 on
New membership are not allowed.