CHHACHHRAULI, a small town about 12 km northeast of Jagadhri (30Â° 10`N, 77Â° 18`E) in Ambala district of Haryana, was the capital of the princely state of Kalsia. Guru Gobind Singh is believed to have visited Chhachhrauli during his sojourn at Kapal Mochan in 1688. The site was brought to light only in 1920 by Sant Harnam Singh of Mastuana, and the building was erected by Rani RanbTr Kaur of Kalsia in 1924.
The Gurdwara, called Santokhpura, is situated in a forest half a kilometre east of the town across Som Nadi, a tributary of the River Yamuna. It consists of a single flatroofed room to which a verandah on three sides has been added recently. The management is in the hands of Singh Sabha Chhachhrauli, independent of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.