This Gurdwara is situated at the place where Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji stayed for some time. It is believed that when Guruji left this place the standing sugarcane crop in the village caught fire. An elderly man told the villagers that Guruji had come to the village but was not
BHIKHAN SHAH OR SHAH BHIKH, PIR, a seventeenth century Sufi saint, was born the son of Sayyid Muhammad Yusaf of Siana Sayyidari, a village 5 km from Pehova, now in Kurukshetra district of Haryana. For a time, he lived at Ghuram in present day Patiala district of the Punjab and
CHHACHHRAULI, a small town about 12 km northeast of Jagadhri (30Â° 10`N, 77Â° 18`E) in Ambala district of Haryana, was the capital of the princely state of Kalsia. Guru Gobind Singh is believed to have visited Chhachhrauli during his sojourn at Kapal Mochan in 1688. The site was brought to
HONIGBERGER, DOCTORJOHN MARTIN (17951-865), physician to the court of Lahore from 1829 to 1849 and known to his Sikh contemporaries as Martin Sahib, was a Transylvanian born at Kronstadt in 1795. He combined with his medical knowledge an ardent spirit of enquiry and adventure. He had a great fascination for
NADA SAHIB, Gurdwara Patshahi Dasvin, situated at the end of a narrow spur of soft sandy rocks of the Sivalik foothills, on the left bank of the river Ghaggar, about 10 km east of Chandigarh (30Â°44`N, 76Â°46`E), commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh, who halted here while travelling from
POPULATION of the Sikhs, small as compared to other major religious communities of India, is chiefly concentrated in the Punjab, India, although being fond of travel, Sikhs are found in nearly all corners of the globe. The community is 500 years old, but the data regarding its spread geographically and
New membership are not allowed.