MARDONMARDON, 15 km south of Ambala city (30Â°23`N, 76Â°47`E), claims a historical shrine called Gurdwara Mardori Sahib Patshahi 9 ate 10. It is situated on the right bank of the river Tarigri. Guru Tegh Bahadur passed through this village during one of his preaching tours across the region, and Guru Gobind Singh visited it during his sojourn at Lakhnaurin 1670-71. Gurdwara buildings stand in the middle of an enclosure covering over an acre of land.
The main shrine dedicated to the memory of Guru Tegh Bahadur consists of a large flatroofed hall, with the sanctum containing the Guru Granth Sahib in a smaller room within the hall. A separate lowdomed small room commemorates the visit of Guru Gobind Singh. Alocal committee, under the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, manages the shrines. A monthly fair takes place on amdvasyd.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975