BARGARI, village 15 km southeast of Kot Kapura (30Â° 35*N, 74Â° 49`E) in Faridkot district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh who visited it in December 1705 on his way from Dina to Kot Kapura. A shrine was established later on the site on the northern edge of the village where the Guru had halted. Bargari gained prominence in 1924 during the Jaito campaign when the first Shahidi Jatha or band of Sikh volunteers, determined to reach Gurdwara Gangsar or meet martyrs` death, made, in its march from Amritsar, its last overnight halt at this village. The villagers served the Jatha as well as the large crowd that had gathered around it during its long journey with great devotion and zeal.
Gurdwara Patshahi Dasvin, inside a walled compound entered through a gateway, preserves the old sanctum, a 5metre square room, to which a 10metre square hall has been added in recent years. The Gurdwara is endowed with 20 acres of land and ismanaged by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. Besides the daily services, special divans take place on the first of every Bikrami month, and all major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar are observed. The occasion marked by special fervour is the annual festival of Baisakhi, birthday of the Khalsa.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi, Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sn Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968