BARGARI, village 15 km southeast of Kot Kapura (30Â° 35*N, 74Â° 49`E) in Faridkot district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh who visited it in December 1705 on his way from Dina to Kot Kapura. A shrine was established later on the site on the northern
BHUNGARNI, village near the right bank of the Jalandhar branch of the Bist Doab canal, 20 km south of Hoshiarpur (31Â° 32`N, 75Â° 55`E), is sacred to Guru Har Rai, who stayed here in the course of his journey between Kiratpur and Kartarpur. A platform and a small shrine,
BISHAN SINGH (d. 1868) was like his father, Sultan Singh, in the Ghorcharha regiment of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. In Maharaja Sher Singh`s time, he was placed in charge of the artillery park at Lahore. After the annexation of the Punjab by the British, Bishan Singh joined the 2nd Punjab
JINDVAL, village 1 km southeast of Bahga (31011`N, 76"E) along the Phagwara Nawanshahr road in Nawanshahr district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Hargobind, who stayed here for a time, during Ins journey from Kartarpur to Kiratpur in 1635, to get his favourite horse, Suhela, treated. The original
NADALA, village 22 km north of Kapurthala (31Â°22`N, 75Â°22`E) along the KapurthalaBholath road, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who, according to local tradition, visited here more than once. Gurdwara Chheviri Patshahi marking the site where he stayed is a sixstoreyed building with the assembly hall at the ground
PUR HIRAN, village 5 km south of Hoshiarpur town (31Â°32`N, 75Â°55`E) along HoshiarpurPhagwara road, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Zahira Zahur, dedicated to Guru Hargobind who, according to local tradition, came here from Bodal near Dasuya on his way to Kiratpur. The Gurdwara marks the spot where the Guru
SOTRAN, village one km north of Banga (31"11 N, 76"E) in Nawashahr district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine called Gurdwara Gurplah Patshahi Chhevin, dedicated to Guru Hargobind who stayed here briefly under a plah tree (Butia fondosa) on his way from Kartarpur to Kiratpur early in 1635.