BAZIDPUR,BAZIDPUR, village 7 km southeast of Firozpur Cantonment (31Â° 55`N, 74Â° 36`E) along the FirozpurLudhiana highway, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708), who passed through here in 1706 after the battle of Muktsar. Gurdwara Gurusar, formerly known as Tittarsar after a legendary partridge (tittar, in Punjabi), marks the site where Guru Gobind Singh had encamped, and was first constructed in the form of a small Manji Sahib by Bishan Singh Ahluvalia, an official under Maharaja Ranjit Singh (1780-1839).
It was later developed by members of the ruling house of Faridkot. Further renovation and additions have been made in recent decades. The complex now has the domed sanctum, a capacious pavilion as divan asthan, or congregation hall, and the sarovar in one compound, and Guru ka Langar and residential accommodation in another one adjoining it.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1923
3. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pothi. Amritsar, 1968