CHAKK FATEH SINGHVALA.
CHAKK FATEH SINGHVALA. 3 km south of Bhuchcho Mandi (30Â° 13`N, 75Â° 5`E) in Bathinda district of the Punjab, and one of the cluster of villages known as Bhai ke Chakk because of the association of the family of Bhai Bhagatu with them, was visited by Guru Gobind Singh, on his way from Talvandi Sabo to Bathinda. ISJeth 1763 Bk / 16 May 1706 is preserved in local tradition as the date of Guru Gobind Singh`s arrival in the village where he put up for a week. The main shrine, Gurdwara Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib, a 4metre square domed sanctum on a high plinth, is on the eastern outskirts of the village, with a small sarovar or holy tank in the vicinity.
For larger divans, a more spacious Gurdwara was raised, opposite the old shrine across a narrow lane, during the 1960`s. Both shrines are managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. The Gurdwara in the interior of the village which is called Burj Sahib is still part of a private house. It is a small circular mudbuilt room where a low cot and a few garments are shown as old relics. In another small square room through which the circular room is approached, the Guru Granth Sahib is seated. Devotees who gather* to attend the fair at Gurdwara Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib on the 18th ofJe^h every year also visit this shrine.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sn Gurduare Darshan. Amritsar, 1928
3. Malva Desh Ratan di Sakhi Pot/if. Amritsar, 1968