UGANI, a small village 10 km from Rajpura (30Â°28`N, 76Â°37`E), in Patiala district, has its twin shrines dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh. Both are located in the same building, constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh of Patiala (1798-1845). The Gurdwara comprises three small rooms in a row.
TAPA, a small market town 19 km southwest of Barnala (30022`N, 75032`E) in Sangrur district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tibba Sahib Patshahi IX, dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur. The old building constructed by Maharaja Karam Singh (1798-1845) of Patiala has since been replaced by a more
TAHILPURA, a small village in the interior of Fatehgarh Sahib district was visited by Guru Tegh Bahadur in the course of one of his journeys through the Malva region. A small raised platform marked the spot where he had put up. Later some Nirmala sadhus established a place of worship
SIKHS AND AFGHANS, THE, by Munshi Shahamat `All, the Journal of an expedition to Kabul through the Punjab and die Khaibar Pass in 1838-39 kept by the author, who accompanied Colonel Wade and Shahzada Taimur, Shah Shuja`s eldest son, with an auxiliary force under a treaty made in 1838 between
SARAGARHI, BATTLE OF, a heroic action fought by a small detachment of Sikh soldiers against heavy odds, took place on 12 September 1897 in the Tirah region of North-West Frontier Province (now in Pakistan). The heroes of Saragarhi, barely 22 in number, belonged to the 36th Sikhs, since re-designated as
New membership are not allowed.