GAGGOBUAGAGGOBUA, village 27 km southwest of Amritsar (31Â°38\’N, 74Â°52\’E) along the Amritsar Khemkaran road, is sacred to Guru Hargobind (1595-1644), who came here once following the chase. Gurdwara Manji Sahib Chhevin Patshahi, constructed at the site of the old shrine, marks the spot where Guru Hargobind had halted. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee. Gaggobua was also the native place of Baba Bir Singh, a nineteenth century saint, whose memory is perpetuated through two gurdwaras, both managed by his descendants.
1. Tara Singh, Sri Gur Tirath Sangrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Thakar Singh, Giani, Sri Gurdwara Darshan. Amritsar, 1923