GONDPUR, village 22 km south of Hoshiarpur (31Â°32`N, 75Â°55`E), in the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwara Tahli Sahib, dedicated to Guru Hargobind, who came here from Pur Hi ran on his way to Kiratpur and stayed in a grove of tdhfi trees. A platform was raised on the site amid the grove as a memorial which came to be called Guru kian Tahlian. The platform was later replaced by a gurudwara. The present building, constructed in 1930, is a rectangular hall, with a sanctum at the northern end. A square room with a lotus dome above it tops the sanctum. In the adjoining compound are the Guru ka Langar and rooms for the grantht.
The Gurdwara, affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee, is managed by a local committee. Besides daily services, special assemblies are held on the first and thirteenth of every Bikrami month, on the latter especially because of the belief that it was on the thirteenth day of the month of Phagun that Guru Hargobind visited the place.