JHANDA KALANJHANDA KALAN, village 7 km south of Sardulgarh (29Â°42`N, 75Â°14`E), in Mansa district of the Punjab, is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who, according to Bhai Santokh Singh, Sri Gur Pratdp Suraj Grantli, stayed here overnight while on his way from Talvandi Sabo to Sirsa in 1706. A shrine commemorating the visit was later established, about 200 metres southwest of the village. It was served by a line of Udasi sddhus until the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee took over possession under the Sikh Gurdwaras Act of 1925.
The old shrine has since been demolished and a more spacious building constructed by Nihangs of the Buddha Dal. The square highceilinged hall has a sanctum in the centre and a basement below. The sanctum is topped by a lotus dome. Special congregations take place on every nomoon day. The shrine is popularly known as Gurdwara Jhanda Sahib.
1. Tara Singti, Sri Gur `Hralh Snngrahi. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Tliakar Singh, Giani, Sri Curduare Darshnn. Amrit.sar, 1923
3. Sanlokh Singli, Bhai, Sri Gur Pratdp Suraj Grnnlh. Am ri tsar, 1927-33
4. Gian Singh, Giani, Twankh Curduarian. Amrilsar, n.d.