KOT SHAMIR or Kol Shamhir, village 12 km southeast of Bathinda (30″14`N, `74Â°59`E) is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who visited here during his sojourn at Talvandi Sabo, in 1706. According to Sdkhi Potlii, BhaT Dalla, the local chieftain who was also a disciple, came to call on him. Jandalivala Tibba, a sandy mound, where according to local tradition the meeting took place, can still be seen 2 km soulli of the village. Gurdwara Patshahi Dasamt commemorating Guru Gobind Sirigli`s visit is situated on a low mound, west of the village.
It comprises a hall, with a square sanctum in the middle. Above the sanctum is a squareroom, with a wide coping, topped by a ribbed lotus dome. The Gurdwara is administered by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. Besides the daily services, special divans take place on all major Sikh anniversaries. The Guru Gobind Singh`s birthday is marked by a religious procession through the village.
1. Malva Desh Ralan di Sflkhi Potht. Amritsar, 1968
2. Tara Singh, Sn Guru Tirnlh Snngrn/u. Kankhal, 1975
3. Gian Singh, Giani, Twmijdi Guidunrian. Amritsar, n.d.