MADHEHMADHEH (Mahadeoke in Survey of India maps), village three kilometre south of Nihalsinghvala (30Â°-35\’N, 75Â°-16\’E) in Moga district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine named Gurdwara Paka Sahib Patshahi Dasvin after Guru Gobind Singh, who stayed here briefly during his journey from Takhtupura to Dina in December 1705. According to local tradition, the Guru was treated here by a Muhammadan surgeon for a purulent growth (paka, in Punjabi) on one of his fingers.
Hence the name of the Gurdwara, situated one kilometre southeast of the village. The old building raised on the site in 1930 by an Udasi priest, Rodu Ram, was replaced by a new one in 1973. Standing within a one acre walled compound, it comprises a mosaic-floored, high ceilinged assembly hall, with the sanctum at the far end. The Guru ka Langar is on the left of the hall as one enters the compound. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.