MAHRONMAHRON, village 7 km southeast of Moga (30Â°48\’N, 75Â°10\’E) in Moga district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Guru Sar, in memory of Guru Hargobind who, according to the local tradition, stopped here on 18 Savan 1674 Bk/17July 1617 on his way from Kaonke and Maddoke to Darauli. The Gurdwara stands on the bank of a pond to the north of the village. It is a new building, a small square domed room, raised in 1931, replacing the old shrine. Additions in the form of a hall with some ancillary buildings were made in 1962.
A pavilion has since been constructed for larger assemblies. The Guru Granth Sahib is now placed not in the older building but in the hall, on a masonry platform. The Gurdwara is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a village committee. Special divans and community meals are held on every amavasya, the last day of the dark half of the lunar month.
1. Kahn Singh, Bhai, Gurushabad Ratnakar Mahan Kosh. Patiala, 1981