MADDOKE, village 16 km southeast of Moga (30Â°-48\'N, 75Â°-10\'E), in Moga district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Guru Sar, dedicated to Guru Hargobind who, according to local tradition, visited this place twice, once on his way back from Nanak Mata to Darauli and again after the battle of Mehraj.
MAGH SINGH, BHAI (d. 1924), one of the martyrs of Jaito morcha, was the son of Bhai Sham Singh and Mai Dharmon, farmers of the village of Lande in Moga tahsil (sub-division) of the present Moga district. In his early youth Magh Singh had enlisted in the army and had
MAHRON, village 7 km southeast of Moga (30Â°48\'N, 75Â°10\'E) in Moga district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Guru Sar, in memory of Guru Hargobind who, according to the local tradition, stopped here on 18 Savan 1674 Bk/17July 1617 on his way from Kaonke and Maddoke to Darauli. The Gurdwara
NATTHA SINGH, BHAI (d. 1924), son of Bhai Dhanna Singh Randhava of Moga, was one of the martyrs who fell in the firing at Jaito. He had studied up to the sixth class and was engaged in farming. As the Gurdwara Reform movement got underway in the early 1920`s, he
NIDHAN SINGH CHUGGHA (1855-1936), a prominent Ghadr leader, was the son of Sundar Singh of the village of Chuggha, in Moga district. A militant revolutionary, he was cited by the British as "art extremely dangerous criminal and one of the worst and most important of the [Ghadr] conspirators." In
SARHINA, village 15km from Moga (30"48n, 75"10E) in Moga district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwara Patshahi Chhevin. In 1631, when Guru Hargobind was staying with his brother in law, Sain Das, at Darauli, his first wife, Damodari, fell seriously ill. Her parents Bhai Narain Das and Mata Daya Kaur,
TARA SINGH, SARDAR (1888-1956), lawyer, legislator and judge, was born in 1888, the son of Pratap Singh Gill of Moga, a district town of the Punjab. Having matriculated from a local high school in 1903, he graduated from Khalsa College, Amritsar, in 1907 and obtained his law degree from
New membership are not allowed.