MANURE, village in Ludhiana district, 13 km south of Jagraon (30Â°47`N, 75Â°28`E) is celebrated for its Gurdwara Patshahi Dasviri. Guru Gobind Singh, travelling from LammariJatpura towards DinaKarigar in December 1705, made a brief halt here under a pipal tree which still exists at the back of the Gurdwara. The present gurdwara building grew around a Manji Sahib, a small domed room, constructed in 1923. A rectangular hall and a verandah on three sides of it, with a vaulted roof, were added later. An imposing new doublestoreyed building as the gateway to the gurdwara has been recently constructed. The gurdwara is managed by a village committee.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975