NOHARNOHAR (29Â°12`N, 74Â°45`E) in Gariganagar district of Rajasthan, was visited by Guru Gobind Singh during hisjourney towards the South in 1706. He encamped near Chhip Talai, a pond southeast of the town. The local inhabitants, mostly followers of Jain and Vaisnava faiths, viewed the armed band of the Guru`s disciples with trepidation. The accidental trampling of a pigeon inside the town by a Sikh gave rise to much commotion. However, the Guru`s arrival at the scene pacified the people who were deeply impressed by his holy manner.
The incident had occurred near the house of a barber family who later constructed a platform at the spot. There were no Sikhs in the town and no gurudwara was established until the site was acquired by some Sikh settlers in 1908, More Sikh families arrived after 1947. A gurudwara has since been raised. It is known as Gurdwara Kabutar Sahib.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975