PAKKA KALAN, village 24 km south of Bathinda (30Â° 14`N, 74Â° 59`E), is sacred to Guru Gobind Singh, who broke journey here on his way from Jassi to Talvandi Sabo in 1706. The original shrine to the southeast of the village together with its landed properly passed into private possession subsequent to the Gurdwara enactment of 1925. A new gurdwara, named Gurdwara Jand Sahib Patshahi 10, constructed after the partition of the country in 1947, is located in the northern part of the village near an old jand (Prosopis specigerd) tree which is believed to have sprouted from a peg to which Guru Gobind Singh`s horse had been fastened. It comprises a hall, with the 4 metre square sanctum at the far end. The shrine is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and is managed by a local committee.
1. Gian Singh, Giani, Twarikh Gurduarian. Amritsar, n.d.
2. Narotam, Tara Singh, Sri Guru Tirath Sangrahi. Kankhal, 1975